Choosing The Right Roofbox For You
We’re often asked which is the best roofbox. There are no hard and fast rules as your own personal circumstances will dictate what works best for you. But in order to help, we’ve compiled the list below to hopefully prompt the right questions when considering the various options that we and other providers can offer. For completeness, our answers are already included!
- Is it important for the roof bars and/or fittings to be lockable too? All our fittings have at least one additional locking point incorporated into the foot or the roofbar dependent on style.
- Is dual side roofbox opening an important consideration? All our roofboxes are dual opening making packing & unpacking a breeze, avoiding the need for Inspector Gadget arms!
- Does the roofbox have a single or multipoint locking system? All our roofboxes come with a 6 point locking system as standard. There is a locking point on both sides of the roofbox.
- If you need to remove and re-fit the roofbox at any time, is that going to be an easy task? All our roofboxes feature either the “quick-grip” or “power-click” locking system – two variants of a “claw clamp” that you tighten onto the roofbar. Not a U-Bolt in sight!
- Will tailgate opening be impacted by the roofbox length? The Thule roofbox is designed for having a forwarded position on the car roof, enabling full access to the trunk without interference with the roofbox. Additionally, we take great care when sizing the options to minimise the impact but we’ll also tell you if we think there’s likely to be a limitation…after-all, you may be prepared to live with a slight reduction in opening aperture.
- Is load capacity in KG likely to be exceeded? All our roofbxes are certified to carry 75KG and the roofbars 100KG. You will need to consider these as well as the tolerance of the vehicle’s own roof which can provide details of.